Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite soups, especially for those rainy summer days. I'm going to give you everything you need for this to become one of your favorite soups too!
**Note: chicken stock is different from chicken broth, it contains more flavor due to what it is made from.
- First you will need to bring the 3 cups of chicken stock to a boil.
- Add in your chicken.
- As your chicken is boiling, add about a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add your bacon pieces and about half the bag of frozen onions.
- Stir until onions have browned.
- In another pot you will bring your fire roasted salsa, a couple dashes of hot sauce and your bag of frozen carrots together to a boil. You can keep this boiling until you have shredded your chicken.
- DO NOT toss the chicken stock.
- Add your shredded chicken, bacon and onions to the pot with the fire roasted salsa and carrots.
- Once you have added all the ingredients together, grab a strainer and strain the chicken stock to the rest of the soup and stir it all together.